Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Purple Hydrangea

So there's this sketch challenge and a totally awesome texture challenge going on over at Lilly Pad Cards. And if you know me, you know that I'm a sucker for a good sketch and I love layers and texture! I only managed to make 2 cards for the sketch challenge thanks to me just not having any time...ugggg, story of my life these days and it's just gonna get worse with the holidays right around the corner!  Maybe if I gave up sleep...it's over rated...right??
Well, here's the first one I did, it's actually for both challenges. I hope to get more made up for the texture challenge before it's deadline (fingers are crossed lol)!
I wanted to keep it kinda simple so the embossed background would stand out. I added glitter to the flower petals and leaves then added a pearl pen to the flowers to give them a raised shiny center.



pssst...if ya wanna steal my InLinkz code so you can list your supplies like this, it's on my sidebar ;)

4 comments:

Laurel Beard said...

Hi! Be sure to go back to the Lawnscaping giveaway post and add your second link by posting a direct blog post link - maybe a link to one of your recent posts - so you can get your second entry!

Lin said...

I love your card, Tina - the color, the glitter, the simplicity of your design, not to mention the texture in the background! So glad you played with us at Lily Pad Cards this time!

Unknown said...

SO pretty, great job coloring those pretty flowers!

Stacy said...

Okay, this is really beautiful... love how you cut out the hydrangea!