Monday, August 29, 2011

Embellish Magazine - Color Trend Challenge / Embossed Flowers


I have practically waited till the last possible moment for this challenge at Embellish Magazine...I was a little stumped with it. I don't like looking at the other cards already submitted for a challenge until after I have my card in hand...so no insperation could be found that way...I always want to make sure my card is my own original idea. I tried different sketches, walked away on several occasions...I just couldn't get my head around "embossed flowers" and the colors. I have NEVER used red on a card...not even for Christmas lol! I hope you like my take on this challenge...it REALLY got me thinking outside of my box!

I had a package of white paper flowers in different sizes with clear bling centers and decided they would be perfect for what I needed...with a little modification of course ;) I took off the rhinestones and ran them thru my cuttlebug. Then I dusted them with 2 shades of red chalk, layered them together and added a pearl for the center. I punched out leaves with my new favorite toy, the McGill leaf punch, and used my bone folder to emboss "veins". It's hard to tell with all the fuzzies in the way, but the green strip is scalloped along the length and then layered with cream colored crocheted ribbon. I twisted a green & brown fibers and added them over the ribbon. I decided to add the sentiment directly to the background. I thought adding it as a tag would take away from the flowers...I really wanted them to be the focal point. I'm pretty happy with my card, the flowers are awesome...what a way to add depth and deminsion to them! Hubby didn't like the little fence I fussy cut and tucked up under the flowers...what do you think?

On another note...do ya want to know a little secret?? Well you have to wait till Saturday, Sept 3rd....I have something special that you are GUARANTEED to want to try out...and it's FREE to use until December!!





3 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

Hi, Tina! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on Moxie Fab World. I am so tickled....pinch me. I love your blog and am happy to know you. Thanks again, Maureen

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Beautiful card, Tina! :)

Cristina said...

Very, very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Embellish!