Thursday, October 20, 2011

Embellish Magazine Color Trend & Buttons


The wonderfully talented folks over at Embellish magazine have brought us another WONDERFUL color palette and design element challenge. I'm pretty giddy over this one because it calls for BUTTONS! Ohh how I heart buttons!! I would use them on every card if I thought I could get away with it ;)
For my focal point I actually wanted the flowers heat embossed. I ended up having to stamp them in the colored ink then re-stamped them in versa-mark and used clear embossing powder. A little extra work especially since the flowers were masked off, but so worth the effort (as I'm writting this, I had an "ohh Duh!" moment. I not only have a Versa-Mark pen, but a regular embossing ink pen as well...would have been SO much easier!!) For my back ground I used a distress ink and randomly stamped buttons all over. I finished off my card by adding the buttons to the flower centers and dotting the "i" in my sentiment.

Can you see the stamped buttons on the pretty yellow back ground...here's a closer look



pssst...if ya wanna steal my InLinkz code so you can list your supplies like this, it's on my sidebar ;)

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

No comments: