Friday, September 2, 2011

Shaped sketch challenge - Moxie Fab World

Wow, these sketch challenges have really been a blast! Hats off to Cath over at Moxie Fab World for such a FUN challenge!!  This shaped challenge was supposed to be first...but like a normal procrastinator, when I'm pushed outta my sparkly little box, I save the hardest for last. I have never made a shaped card...I'm a plain ole rectangle let the embellishments speak for themselves card kinda gal. However, that being said, after making this card, I can certainly see lots more shaped cards in my future!

Here's the sketch we were to use...

And here's my card.....
I dusted off the Cricut and die cut (shadowed so they were connected) the flower from pink card stock then cut a single one from patterned paper to overlay it. I added a plain burgundy card stock circle and overlayed that with my accordion fan folded circle that I made using four different patterned papers and a plain pink (all from the same collection) to separate the four areas. I made the stick pin and added all the pretty little elements then tucked the sentiment up underneath.
Did you notice my little butterfly, he's actualy made up from 3 layers...I heart that punch!

Supplies:



The Cricut cartridge I used was "Bags, Tags, Boxes & More and the papers were from Basic Grey

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tina! Thanks for linking this up to the Shaped Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)