Wednesday, July 27, 2011

botanical challenge - card #1

The wonderful people over at Moxie Fab World and given us yet another awesome challenge...fanatical about botanical! Cath is trying to get us thinking in a whole nother direction when it comes to the trendy botanicals. We see the beautiful botanical theme everywhere but if you’re like me, when you use botanicals in your card making it usually ends up more on the whimsical side. Making a botanical themed card that IS NOT whimsical…now that’s a challenge!

Isn’t it funny when you have an idea in your head, but when you sit down to sketch it out or to make the card, your run in a whole other direction? When I saw this challenge and gave it a good thought, I pictured a classic black and white card with an acetate overlay where I would place a pretty little rub on that I’ve been hording and maybe attach it with a pretty ribbon. When looking for the stamp that matches the rub on that I wanted to use, I pulled out several other “floral” stamps…they just called to me, I had to switch gears…I ended up making 2 separate cards that were NOTHING like my vision.


After I had the card all made, I realized I should have inked the edges of the sentiment panel…I hate when that happens, but it’s the way it usually goes for me, lol!


Items used:
Color:  Versa color Brown, Staz On Timber Brown & Saddle Brown, Tombow Marker #969

Stamps:  sentiment by Inkadinkado, botanical ferns from Stampin Up, antique cracking back ground from Stampin Up

Bling: The paper Studio

Ribbon: Michaels

Card stock: Cream and chocolate

Don't forget to check out the other card I made and those of the other folks over at Moxie Fab World...thanks for stopping by!

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think....good or bad....or even better - what would you have done differently??...crafty minds wanna know!

2 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I like it - yes inking the sentiment would have set it off just a wee bit. But not having it there is fine too.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tina! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)