Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lawnscape distress challenge

I'm not very good at using distress inks...I just never seem to do it so I don't get much practice. However, I love the result...so why is it that I don't do it more??? Sigh, one of life's mysteries!!

I was pretty excited when I saw the Lawnscaping challenge theme AND knew I had time to make a little sumthin' up for it! I made the base card using a chocolate cardstock then took white cardstock and layered on 2 shades of rose and one shade of green distress inks (victorian velvet, tattered rose & bundled sage), blending them untill I got a nice soft background. I added some slpatter on top of that using my favorite ink...vintage sepia Versafine.


For the focal panel I started with cream cardstock and scored the four panels. After folding the scored lines I sponged on Vintage Sepia Versafine and stamped the flowers using the same distress inks I used to make the background. To finish it off I sponged more of the rose distress inks onto the four panels. For the ribbon, I layered a pretty shade of grosgrain ribbon with the crocheted chocolate ribbon...just love the effect I got doing that.


2 comments:

Laurel Beard said...

So pretty and elegant! I agree! You need to use distress inks more often!!! Your card is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping this week! :)

Amy Schumacher said...

Sooooo pretty! Bravo!!! The colors are so lovely!